When I was in kindergarten (or maybe it was preschool) my teacher Mrs. Sakemoto read us Alligator Pie. I think, if I can remember correctly, they even had a tape they played and we all had to sing along. Well, anyway, after she read the poem, we were treated with a tasty surprise. Instead of the usual graham crackers and some fruit for a daily snack, we had little pieces of alligator pie! Everyone loved it so much, the teacher made us copies of the recipe for our parents.

This is my absolute favorite pie in the whole wide world and it has always been ever since we had those surprise snacks. I lost the original copy of the recipe in Jr. High, but I had managed to write down the recipe (and even doodle the cute image from the original).

Alligator Pie

Ingredients:
1 small can of Frozen Limeade
1 small container of Non-Dairy Whipped Topping
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
A few drops of green food coloring

Combine all of the above and pour into a graham cracker crust pie shell. Refrigerate one hour. (I prefer to freeze it.)

(This is the crust Mrs. Sakemoto used for the little snacks.) Make individual "pies" by crushing two butter cookies and putting them into a cupcake liner. Spoon some of the filling on top and shake on a few green sprinkles.

Enjoy!