Anne is the French form of Hannah. Variants include Ann and Anna.

Hannah is favor or grace in Hebrew. The mother of Samuel the prophet in the Old Testament.

If your name is Anne, the Kabalarian Philosophy offers this. A girl with the first name of Anne will have a rather quiet, reserved, serious, studious nature. She will have sensitivity and appreciation for the finer and deeper things in life, the beauties of nature, music, art, and literature. She wil value those who can offer her intellectual companionship. It is only when she is with those who understand her deeper nature that she can truly be herself. Having her thoughts or remarks belittled or taken lightly can cause her to keep such things to herself. She may not express herself freely in conversation causing others to mistake her for being aloof or even unfriendly. Her difficulties expressing her deeper thoughts and feelings can lead to problems with more intimate assocaitions. This name can cause her to live much within herself, rather easily hurt or offended. At such times she may withdraw, perhaps not speaking to others. She will also have many fine qualities. She will be a thoughtful and analytical person and will know her own mind, even though she may not speak it. She will be conscientious and competent in all that she does. She will take her responsibilities seriously whether they be in the home, the community or on the job. Her problems in life will likely include worry and mental depression.

Some famous Annes include: