This is a more recent development for those of us fond of the Milky Way candy bar from the wonderful confectioners at M&M/Mars, a division of Mars, Inc. This is one of three varieties of the Milky Way bar available, following the original Milky Way bar and including Milky Way Lite. Milky Way Midnight was most recently released under the name Milky Way Dark.

What's in a name? Here's what the M&M/Mars Milky Way FAQ has to say about the name change:
Why did you change the name from MILKY WAY® Dark to MILKY WAY® Midnight?

The MILKY WAY® Dark Bar used to be called FOREVER YOURS® Bar back in 1936 and was discontinued in 1979. However, due to popular demand the FOREVER YOURS® Bar was reintroduced in 1989 and was named MILKY WAY® Dark Bar. Based on consumer studies we found out that the chocolate in MILKY WAY® Dark was not what people would think of as dark chocolate and we wanted to reposition the bar to appeal to a broader audience so it was renamed MILKY WAY® Midnight in 2000 and is what you see on the shelves today. The bar still retains its bold, rich chocolate, fluffy nougat and the best caramel ever, the change was only in the name.
As the name might suggest, the Milky Way Midnight has a very dark covering of rich chocolate.

The original Milky Way bar was developed in 1923 by Frank C. Mars, 12 years after the founding of Mars, Inc. Unfortunately, Mars, Inc. doesn't seem all that interested in making information easy to find as they have several different urls, so it was only through the kindness of a fellow noder, generic-man, that I learned of www.milkywaybar.com, the site to visit for intellectual candy.
For those of us who are really fond of dark chocolate, this is one of the few candy bars out there with which to satisfy our cravings. Otherwise, our normal source would be the local See's Candy shop or a box of Whitman's Chocolates from the nearest grocery store.

The Milky Way is a bar of chewy vanilla nougat with a layer of smooth caramel which is surrounded by chocolate. It is actually rather similar to a 3 Musketeers bar, but with caramel and a bit more substance. The Milky Way nougat isn't quite so fluffy as that found in the 3 Musketeers.

And now, without further ado, what you've all been waiting for.

The Nutritional Facts.
Percentage Daily Vaules are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
And, of course, The Ingredients.
semisweet chocolate (sugar, chocolate processed with alkali, cocoa butter, cocolate, milkfat, soy lecithin, vanilla extract, artificial and natural flavors), corn syrup, sugar, skim milk, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, less than 2% - butter, milkfat, lactose, salt, egg whites, soy protein, vanilla extracts, artificial flavor

I wish it were easier to find all of the different sites held by Mars, Inc., but they don't seem to cross reference their websites. Many thanks to generic-man for finding the site with the info I had sought in vain.