Ok. First off, I am not a parrot. Got it? Good. Glad that's straightened out.

Second, yes I do want a cracker, so you'd better have one to give me or I'll hurt you. If you don't have one, you'd better not ask.

Finally, I love the song by Nirvana and it's my secondary theme song, following Adam Ant's Goody Two Shoes.

Polly is a pet name for Molly.

Molly is a nickname for Mary or Marcella.

Mary came from Miriam (the elder sister of Moses).

Mary is thought to be possibly Egyptian, but it is more likely that it is Hebrew. Possible meanings include: bitterness, rebelliousness, wished for child, or drop of the sea. I personally prefer the last, being in love with the ocean.

Marcella is the feminine of Marcellus.

Marcellus is a pet form of Marcus.

Marcus is likely a variant on Marius and is the origin of the name Mark.

Marius means "from Mars" and Mars was the Roman god of war.

The Kabalarian Philosophy suggests that my name gives me a strong sense of responsibility in my affairs and the practicality and determination to make of my undertakings a success. I should be self-sufficient and capable and have an interest in positions of leadership and responsibility. I should also be competent in the direction of others as I have good business judgement and a natural understanding of people. I have a strong, determined nature and tend to dominate others and to interfere, at times, in my desire to be helpful. It also suggests that my name makes me too strong of personality, creating a materialistic nature and bringing out my demanding nature. My name spoils the development and expression of my warmer, more feminine attributes.

While I'm not too certain of the accuracy of the first part, although I do tend to prefer a directorial role in group activities, I do know that I definitely have a tendancy to be demading and materialistic, beyond what I know to be reasonable. And while I do not feel that I am unfeminine, it has been mentioned to me that I often appear to be much colder than the people mentioning it to me know me to be.

Famous Pollys include: