A 3D platform game for the Dreamcast, and the first Sonic the Hedgehog platform game with 3D graphics.

Synopsis of Sonic Adventure:
Dr. Julian Ivo Robotnik (alias Eggman) has unleashed Chaos, an ancient being of destruction that derives its powers from the Chaos Emeralds. It's up to Sonic, along with his buddies Tails and Knuckles, to stop Robotnik before Chaos is powered up completely and destroys the city of Station Square.

Some other, newer characters make apperances in this game:

  • Sonic's self-proclaimed girlfriend Amy must protect a little bird, which is being pursuied by one of Robotnik's robots because it carries a Chaos Emerald. Armed only with a mallet and her wits, she must avoid the giant killer robot as she races for the end of each level.
  • The robot E-101 Gamma, after deciding to take no more orders from Robotnik, must use his powers to "liberate" his comrades Alpha, Beta, and Delta.
  • The dim-but-loveable Big the Cat is out to find his friend Froggie after Froggie swallows a Chaos Emerald, sprouts a tail, and starts acting weird. He has to find his little buddy by fishing. He may also be required to use his fishing pole as a weapon in a few (very few) situations.

You take control of each of these characters, one at a time, and send them through their adventures. After all the adventures are finished, you can play the final showdown between Super Sonic and Final Chaos.

Simply put, this is one cool game!