10 years.

Has it really been 10 years? Yet, in that time, coming back to this place is as invigorating an experience as always.

I remember those first steps. There were times when I didn't ever feel I'd be good enough. That no matter how much I practiced, my writing couldn't achieve the things I saw from the amazing people I admired.

What I found instead was the most amazing group of supportive, crazy, helpful people I've met. People who went out of their way to offer guidance, to say kind words, to upvote and cool and downvote when I needed it. Who supported me through my crazy periods and who came to just hang out with good friends, good conversations, and good drinks.

This place really did have an impact on me. It gave me hope in this whole internet thing, this crazy collaborative world of strangers and passion and wonderfulness. And it provided a place where the writing was just as important as the content, and where you could really see just how much creativity could get a point across.

I rarely come by anymore - it's like the place in your heart you just can't bear to make time for. Life moves on. In that 10 years I've gotten married, watched the birth of both of my wonderful girls, moved a lot, and had some wonderful experiences. Experiences I always want to find ways to share here.

But instead, I want to share that this is an amazing place. If you are new here, there is so much to be found, so much to be had, and so many rich stories and backstories to be found. Lookup sensei. Read about Butterfinger McFlurries. Toy with Cool Man Eddie.

And find a community - a family - of people who want to hear your stories, help you grow to be even better, and help you find those things you never knew.

It's not easy, and it doesn't happen overnight. But it will stick with you - the writeups, the people and the community. And I thank all of you for continuing to build such an amazing place to be.