After completing an in-depth analysis of Dante's Divine Comedy, I've realized it's my time for redemption.

A pattern of self-redemptive behavior seemed to erupt through the series. I speak of Dante's Inferno in particular. The story leads to its climax by introducing the main character to a number of tortured souls doomed to exist pride-less in the depths of hell. These depths vary in degree, of course, but do not stop at the Seventh Circle. As he processes further into this journey, it seems, he withdraws himself into a ghost-like state; our loud and opinionated beginner starts to crumble with each step. Blending with the damned is hard not to do when you realize the time quickly approaches when you too will be as they are, I guess.

Most importantly, when nearing the end of the epic poem, there exists in our friend an all consuming epiphany: That the greatest tragedy of all is having to recognize the worst in all of human behaviour, and the 'Ever-Abiding Potential for Redemption.'

It just feels to me that Dante presented within the lines of this poem a story illuminating that of the present day. I believe Dante's tale of the intangible is dressed also in a mortal guise. Luckily, this horrific yet metaphorical resemblance woke me into a state of blissful realization.

I do not speak here of God the Almighty, but I assure you, I will be saved.