17:30.

My lenten IRC abstinence is working surprisingly better than I'd hoped. It didn't seem like a very large consumer of my time, but now I see that every time I'd run out of things to look at on the browser I'd minimize it and cycle quickly through sixteen channels, cycle through them again, minimize that window and go through my tabs again. And now instead of drudging through Xchat I realize I've actually got something that needs to get done, and it's that much easier to drag myself offline.

Not that I'll actually do it today.

That said, the "well I've got nothing important going on, might as well log in for a chat" impulse is steadily dwindling to the point where I hardly recognize it. The "aw shit I should really check in for a minute after all I'm channel founder and something might have happened" impulse, however, died hard. Although it comes back every now and again. I did make sure the auto-op system was set up correctly, and I trust the backup owner if anything serious happens. He won't accidentally ban everyone...right?

Sudden realization: I have gone from pissing the day away on IRC to pissing my day away on E2 noding about doing so on IRC. Jesus Christ, I knew there was a reason everything seemed so suspiciously easy, I'm just substituting this crap for that crap. Damn damn damn. I've got things to take care of. I'll be back.