There is in what is now Iraq and Syria a tribe called the Yezidi. I've always liked their creation story which differs in significant ways from a similar story in the Quran. Somehow this seems to me the more likely version

This is the story of Tawuz Malek, called 'The Peacock Angel'.

Long ages ago at the beginning of things, Allah created a world, our world, the Earth. And Allah took  a pinch of dust and water from the seas that He had made and  created  all the creatures that lived thereon, and last of all from the same dust he created Adam, the first man, and breathed the breath of life into him.  When Allah had done this thing, He called all of his angels together and bade them bow down to the being He had made.

All the Angels in turn came before Allah and each one in turn bowed down low before the creature called Man, all save one. Tawuz Malek looked at Adam and folded his arms and said, ' Born of the fire of Allah am I, and I will not bow down to a being made of mud.'

At once all the angels shrank back in horror and covered their faces with their wings, for they thought Tawuz Malek would surely in the next instant be destroyed. Yet nothing happened. Then the voice of Allah came out of the fiery cloud in which He dwells, and the voice said to Tawuz Malek, ' Thou hast answered well. Because of this, I give to thee this world that I have made and all the creatures thereon, yea even this race of Adam that shall be, to rule over and guide toward the light that has made them.

Now when Adam saw that the one Angel who had refused to bow to him was to rule over him and his children he was angered, and in the bitterness of his heart he rebelled against the will of Allah, and called Tawus Malek the Usurper,  the Evil One , and the Adversary. Thus it came to pass that Evil did indeed enter the world, but it came not from Tawus Malek but from the bitterness in the heart of the first man,  Adam who would not accept the will of the Most High.

And thus has it been to this day.