It's been said that there is nothing funnier than that magical place where bowling, amputees, Amish people, and titties converge.

No, wait, it hasn't.  But it should be said, because those four things form the basis of the 1999 Farrelly Brothers movie Kingpin

Your major cast is as follows:

So here's the plot summary: Roy Munson is a young and aspiring bowling ace whose road to fame is derailed by the jovially evil Ernie McKracken.  Munson needs money, and McKracken takes him to a bowling alley to bowl for money, but when Munson wins, they shove his hand into a ball return, where it's ripped off.

Flash forward many years later.  Munson is stuck in a run-down apartment with a hook for a hand, reduced to performing cunnilingus on his repulsive landlord and selling bowling supplies for money, when he sees Ishmael, a natural bowling ace.  The catch is that Ishmael is Amish and doesn't want to learn the immorality of the outside world.  Ishmael is convinced to go with Roy to a big tournament when he learns that their farm is almost penniless and the bank is very close to foreclosure.

So they hit the road, gambling on Ishmael's natural bowling skills to make money.  Eventually they find themselves in the home of a rich bowling gambler, bowling on his private lane.  Claudia, his girlfriend, attempts to distract Ishmael, but fails.  When the gambler begins to beat on Claudia, she, Roy and Ishmael flee.  Roy and Claudia clash over "posession" of Ishmael--both seeing him as their meal ticket

Eventually, Roy and Claudia reach an understanding, and when Ishmael breaks his hand at the tournament, Roy is forced to bowl with a rubber hand fitted over his hook-hand, only managing to take second place after his old nemesis, McCracken.

The end of the movie sees Munson making some money from a lucrative endorsement deal and donating his second-place winnings to save Ishmael's farm.  Oh, and keep your eyes open for the Amish-disguised members of Blues Traveler at the very end of the movie.

I personally thought it was a funny movie, with plenty of physically repulsive moments such as a bucket of bull ejaculate being drunk from, a wraithlike woman demanding cunnilingus, and Quaid's stiff nipple-erections.  It's definitely more lowbrow than The Big Lebowski, but the comparisons are inevitable--there are very few bowling movies, obviously enough.

The DVD is two-sided, one side in widescreen, the other side in standard.  It features 8 added scenes not included in the PG-13 theatrical release, pushing the DVD to an R rating.  It's got the trailer and commentary from the Farrelly Brothers, and both English and French-language subtitles, but only an English audio track.

I recommend it highly, but only if you're into lowbrow humor.  Once again:

 

Addendum: it has been brought to my attention by rootbeer277 that Morganna The Kissing Bandit makes an apperance near the end during the tournament, playing herself.