This is an interesting question and even more interesting premise, but let's think about this a little bit. I think the possibility of being invaded is rather unlikely but certainly not impossible.

Infinite alternate universes does not mean an infinite number of chances to travel to ours. Unless, of course, ours is the only Universe beings in any other universe can get to. Then the chance we're being visited is 100%.

Now, if there was some warrior universe out there, the probability of other universe being invaded is somewhere around zero because they are one in an infinite number. Somebody must be getting invaded in such a scenario, but the chances of doing so is next to nil. Remember than infinity is a big number even when compared to infinity.

Another problem I have with the warrior invasion universe idea is that in an infinite number of universes the chance of being able to return to your own is also slim unless you either know your own way back, have some sort of homing beacon, or are able to keep a constant gateway open. I'd hate to be any early explorers...

Yet another problem is that if these invaders are anything like us, then they experience the dimensions in a rather limited three-for-space one-for-time sort of way and the Universe is Huge. Even with instantaneous teleportation technology (being invaders from outside the Universe they could probably pop in anywhere they wanted) it would take forever to find never mind conquer all the galaxies in the Universe. Entire races, planets, stars, and even galaxies would pass without anybody in them realizing they were at war. I' not sure it would be even worth conquering a universe. Time and Effort vs. resources. If you have access to your own entire universe it seems it would make sense to plunder that one forever and just move on once you're done.

And then there are the logistics for invading other universes. How many soldiers would it take? How smart would the generals have to be? Would they need a single universe that is just made out of computers linked together formulating strategy?

And what about Entropic universes? Places where there isn't enough order left for things to work. Dimensional jump into one of those and the only functioning energy would be that which you brought with you, and it would run out almost instantly.

In an infinite number of universes there probably is someone out there trying to take over others, but the probability of them succeeding or being able to maintain an invasion is so low due to the above problems I think we can rest easy.

At least tonight.


I feel a story coming on. Mmm. What an inspiring idea...