By default, Enlightenment pops up with annoying help windows whenever you stop moving the cursor for a few seconds. Although it is easy to disable this, it is just idiotic to put this as the default, as the windows that pop up even pop up when the cursor is just over the desktop, and the window takes up a large part of the screen.

It automatically runs it's own Esound daemon when starting, even if you have Enlightenment sounds disabled. There isn't any way to easily stop it from doing that with a command line option.

Enlightenment takes much longer to load than most other popular window managers. While many load in less than a second, Enlightenment can nearly to a minute to load on some computers.

In addition to loading slowly, the graphical effects of most of Enlightenment and most of it's themes are so intensive that the whole window manager runs much slower than others. Running Enlightenment without delays between switching workspaces requires a very fast computer.

I'd like to mention that Enlightenment is fine for people who have never used Linux or X before, and don't want to spend any time learning how to use a different window manager. Also, Enlightenment is mostly fine for people with very fast computers, or those who value cool looking themes above everything else.