A pop/punk band from Berkeley, California. The members are:

  • Dr. Frank - guitar, vox (1986- )
  • Jon Von - guitar, vox (1986-1992)
  • Byron - bass (1986-1989)
  • Aaron - bass (1989-1994)
  • Joel - bass (1994-2000)
  • Gabe - bass (2000- )
  • Alex - drums (1986-1993)
  • Jym - drums (1993- )
  • Erik - keyboards (1996- )

As you can see the band has a very fluid lineup. Dr. Frank has been the one constant, and it's a good thing to because he writes all the songs and sings lead vocals. 99% of the songs are about girls or relationships (they even admit to this by prefacing every song at their concerts with "This is a song about a girl". They are also arguably one of the smartest bands of all time, Dr. Frank has a degree in philosophy from UC-Berkeley, as was immortalized in the song The Complicated History of the Concept of the Soul. Jon Von has a degree in computer studies from MIT and Joel was a member of the National Honors Society.

The Mr. T Experience (or MTX) have completed several full-length albums and have appeared on countless compilations. Here is a selected discography:

They also released a fake live album entitled Strum und Bang, Live? by just inserting crowd noise and banter from other famous live albums between songs.

MTX started out as a pretty hardcore band, but they have grown softer and more pop-like with every release, this accelerated after the departure of Jon Von. It has even gotten to the point where The Miracle of Shame is pretty much a straight saccrine pop record that would get played on the radio today.

I personally feel that Love is Dead is their best album, a perfect combination of punk speed with pop hooks. The aforementioned “Miracle” is by far the worst.

And no, there are no songs about Mr. T.