This is my weekend log
We had a company dinner on friday. My boss and our project manager got ridiculously drunk, it was quite funny to see this 30+ women making dirty jokes and proclaiming the female revolution (or, free love, they weren't too sure 'bout this point), it weas a funny evening. After the dinner i met with my friend Erik, who moved to Berlin on sunday to start an new job as a label manager for the label of a quite popular german band. We talked quite a time about music, women and the rest of the world, i showed him a web page a scripted for a friend of mine, who is a quite good photograper. (http://natur.exit.de/zornja, she would surely appreiate it if she knew i posted the link here), we had a graet time.
Came home around 5:30 in the morning.

The quest for a workstation
My notebook broke down a few days ago. No problem, it's still under warranty. I need a pc at home anyways, and i decided i wanted to run OS/2 on it.
Well, i got a 486/66 SCSI system from a friend of mine, so i thought it would be no big deal.
First of all, the power supply broke down. Got another one, put it on a box beside the big tower case, retried. Next thing dying was the floppy disk drive. OK, got one out of a old 386, put it on top of the case (everything external as i was too lazy for building out the old one), re-started the installation. No big deal so far, but as Warp requested me to put in Disk 2, the keyboard controller on the mainboard decided to stop cooperation.
I threw away the big tower, grabbed an old board with a NCR SCSI controller onboard, put it onto a computer magazine, plugged the cards in and re-started installation. After trashing the original boot floppy by plugging in the fdd connector the wrong way round, creating a new one on my flatmate's linux box using dd i had to find out that OS/2 lacks driver support for the onboard SCSI controller. So far, no good.
I got the ISA Adaptec from the Big Tower, plugged it in, deactivated the onboard chip in the [BIOS and, today at 3 o'clock in the morning, the second installation attempt finally worked.
So, all that's left is to make the board recognize my 64 MB EDO RAM modules to get voice recognition working. It's on my to do list for today, i'll let you know ;).