Today was a difficult day. I have this horrible demon-spawn flu which descended upon me overnight. Here in the U.S. the day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year. I work retail, and even though I was way too sick to go to work, I had to, as my co-workers would defenestrate me if I didn't show. So, somehow at 6:00 AM I pulled myself out of bed, and stumbled into the kitchen to make a peanut butter sandwich. Why I felt the need to make a sandwich is beyond me, when I have a fever I do stupid stuff like that. While getting dressed for work, I watched the news, and saw my store on TV being filmed from a helocopter. There were people lined up all the way around the store's circumfrence, some 600 people or so.

I drove to work, with my head pounding as if someone had let a rabid dog loose in it. As I pulled into the parking lot, I had to avoid about 40 stupid people standing in the middle of the street, for no apparent reason but to prove that they could. I ended up parking so far away from the store that it took me almost 5 minutes to get to the door, where people started screaming at me for "cutting in line." I tried to explain that I'm an employee, but they didn't buy it and I had to be rescued by a security guard. It's funny how people react to uniforms. I managed to squeeze my way in, and I was almost trampled by all the people rushing to the electronics department so they could get their crappy $48 stereos. I grabbed some cold medicine and a bottle of water. Thank goodness for the grace of St. Dayquill. The rest of the day is a big blur of ringing people up. At the end of my shift, I had personally rung up over $12,000. I came home, collapsed into my bed and fell into that psuedo-sleep one has when one's really ill. I kept having dreams about cashiering. I'd say "Sorry, could you go to the next cashier? I'm asleep right now." I woke up about 8 hours later, thristy enough to drink the Nile. I got some soup, some water, and proceded to write this whiney day-log.

Can't wait for tomorrow...