Game made by Rareware in 1997 for the Nintendo 64 system. Damn original, damn addictive.

It is a time of worldwide peace. Nuclear disarmament is being executed all around the world. Two particular defective nukes are on a carrier, en route to a safe detonation point. Problem is, the radiation has damaged the navigation systems and the carrier has locked onto a straight path to its intended destination.

This poses a couple problems: If the carrier hits something along the way, the jolt will cause the nukes to go nukie, and the radiation is far too great for anyone to attempt to get in and repair the carrier. So, who does the world turn to?

Enter the Blast Corps, a team of demolitionists who, with a combination of skill and cutting-edge technology, have helped with urban renewal across the globe. Except now, their mission is simple: Make sure this carrier doesn't hit anything. Thus, destroy any buildings in the carrier's path.

From this rather silly and outlandish plot, most people didn't expect much out of this game. But, when you can control a jetpack-powered robot that smashed buildings by jetting down on top of them, a 3-story tall Ramdozer, a cycle with a missile launcher, and a rediculous dump truck that you have to slide into things to destroy them, the game gets addictive quick.

The game, at its heart, appears to be an action game; destroy things before the carrier gets to them. That is, until you come across levels where buildings won't fall simply by running into them, and when you go looking around for the extra stuff. Then you're stuck looking for alternate methods of destruction and tearing up levels to find radio points. I'd put this as a cross between action, adventure, and puzzle.

And that's not mentioning the bonus levels. Tons of special levels where destroying everything in X amount of time is the key, plus quite a few race levels. And the music simply has to be heard.

Go look around your local bargain bin for this one. Well worth the cash.

Uses: Controller Pak (Allows for 4 save slots and time comparisons, 14 pages per game; only one save slot on-cartridge).