Time indeterminate

Y'know, I should take the opportunity to say how much of a spiffingly spiffy thing Cow of Doom's E2 Node Tracker is (http://cowofdoom.com/e2info.shtml). I'd say THAT, more than sorting my node list backward by rep, is far more useful in determining what writeups of mine need work, such as my Descent series of nodes (Still haven't gotten to the Descent 1 node). It also tells me there's some fucker out there who's STILL downvoting daylogs. Systematically, too. *sigh* I guess some people just need to be shot.

8:00PM EST - Left Turning MADNESS!

I got in a car accident today.

I figured I should cut to the chase first. It might help later when everyone starts wondering why the hell I'm going into so much detail over my drive home from class.

I was driving home down Masonic Blvd. Despite the name, it is not a boulevard; at least not what most Michiganders refer to as a boulevard. What it IS, however, is a 30MPH* road that I have to take to get back to my neighborhood. And I actually drive the speed limit. Yes, I know there's people out there willing to kill me because I actually follow traffic laws, but hear me out on this one.

It was a dark and stormy night. No, wait, just dark. The light at the intersection of Groesbeck (a 50MPH road) and Masonic was red, so I slowed down to come to an eventual stop. But, it turned green before I stopped, so I figured I'd accelerate right back to 30.

Once I was in the intersection, however, I suddenly noticed someone suddenly decided that NOW was the perfect time to fly into the intersection on a left turn onto Groesbeck. I couldn't do anything.

I got into a car accident today.

First thing I did was take general status on myself. I felt something cold running down my legs. As it turned out, it was about 20 ounces of Dr Pepper exploded from my mug, but it took me a few seconds to realize this. I now had a car with a BADLY beaten front end and Dr Pepper all over the insides, plus one destroyed tin of Penguins.

According to the girl I smacked into, she claims I just barreled out of nowhere. While I will admit 'barrelling' is subjective and 25MPH might be considered 'barrelling' to some, I may wish to contest her assertion that I came out of 'nowhere', per se. I had my lights on and I was reacting to the same light she was (There is no delayed light for left turning people on Masonic). Thus, I should have had right-of-way.

We'll see what the police report says on Friday.


*: No, I'm not converting that to kph.