Ramen is an excellent way to get rid of the leftovers in your refrigerator. There is a great basic recipe that can be used to make a surprisingly good meal that is cheap, simple, and helps to clear the fridge shelves. The amounts are, necessarily, imprecise - if that bothers some of you engineer types out there, then you have not read enough Dilbert cartoons!

Ingredients

Preparation

Boil the noodles for a minute or two in an imprecise but adequate volume of water. Turn the burner to low and drain the water out to about half the depth of the noodles. Set the saucepan back on the still-hot burner and break about half your eggs onto the noodles. (If you are using just one, skip this step.)

Let the eggs sit and begin to cook on the noodles. Dump in the chopped up meat, vegetables, teryaki sauce, and one-half of the flavor powder usually found in foil packets enclosed in the Ramen package. When the eggs have begun to solidify somewhat, stir everything up thoroughly. Turn off the burner, crack in any remaining eggs, stir thoroughly again, and set the saucepan to the side with a lid on for five minutes or so while you get bowls and spoons out and set the table.

This results in a reasonably thick, moist, and very tasty form of Ramen - if it seems congealed, just add some hot water to thin it slightly. It is also very quick and easy to prepare. It can be eaten with a fork or with chopsticks very easily as well, in fact a spoon is probably more difficult to use than other utensils.

My five minutes was up ten minutes ago! I'm hungry and my Ramen is waiting for me!