Wake the kids and shave the cat, ladies and gentlemen, for your humble servant, ClockworkGrue, has been accepted into the Masters of Entertainment Technology grad program at Carnegie Mellon University!

I had made plans to travel out to Pittsburgh some time ago, but then learned that admissions decisions would be made shortly before I got there. On the positive side, there would also be an open house to attend during the weekend I was in the area.

By the time I got on the plane, I still didn't know whether I was accepted or not. I had received an email saying that "due to the high number of applicants, it would take a few extra days to make admissions decisions." Not exactly what I wanted to hear.

After arriving in Pittsburgh, dropping off my bags, and meeting up with a friend, I set out to find the Entertainment Technology Center, determined to learn my fate. When I got there, I didn't want to disturb anyone who might be working on something important, so I stood in the hallway until somebody asked me what I was doing. Eventually I got a short tour of the ETC and was eventually told that I was, in fact, accepted.

Understandably, I was walking on cloud nine for the rest of the day. Even though this will saddle me with large icky debts (unless some wealthy noder feels like paying part of my tuition), this is the sort of opportunity that will change the course of my life, and it's not every day that this sort of thing happens to you in a way that is so apparent.

I'm also interested to see how the work levels of my next 2 years of intensive study of computers and art will measure up to the 6 months I spent learning Japanese in Japan. I hear approximately 8-10 hours per day, seven days a week. We'll see how I hold up against that.

Finally, this will no doubt give me some wonderful noding opportunities, and I look forward to providing a lot of new nodes about two very popular subjects here on E2, technology and entertainment.