Acupuncture is also a popular brand of fashion trainers (as opposed to trainers that could actually conceivably be worn when participating in sports or athletics). The Acupuncture Footwear company is based in Soho, London, their website is at http://www.acupuncturefootwear.com. It's a pretty nice site, actually. Kinda funky Flash stuff, and a full catalogue of their current lines. Their logo looks like the age-old anarchy symbol, i.e. an 'A' inside a circle.

Acupuncture's most famous (and most popular) shoe is what they call the Beefer. Nice, big, chunky trainer with velcro fastening on both sides, in the shape of an 'A', sorta. I have a blue pair myself, and they're very comfortable and hard-wearing. Along with the Beefer, they have other lines, including the Fujiyamamama line, which has wafer-thin soles with a picture of a stylized, naked geisha on the bottom, and the Ribbed Cat, which has an amusing cartoon cat on the sole. They used to do a line (whose name I forget) which had naked teddy bears on the soles. And by that, I mean one teddy with a scrotum and penis, and another with breasts and a vagina. Oh, the odd looks I got wearing those trainers...

The thing about Acupuncture is that they always have a few really popular designs, which pay the bills, and a few pretty out-there, downright odd designs. The sorta thing you'd see a model wear on a catwalk, but that nobody would ever wear in real life. Which is kinda cool, really.