/-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-\
| | | | | | | | | | | | 
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
| | | | | | |X| | | | | 
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
|X| | | | |O|X| | | | | 
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
|O|X| | |O|X|X|O| | | | 
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
|O|O| |X|X|O|O|O|X| | | 
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Connect Four is also a great notebook paper game for those too jaded or smart to keep playing tic-tac-toe or dots. The setup's pretty easy: draw a grid approximately with nine columns and six or so rows. In fact, without a board in front of me, I can't give you any exact dimensions. Generally you want more than seven columns and at least five rows. I usually go with 10x10. Milton Bradley's game (call it "regulation size") is six rows tall and seven columns wide.

But dimensions don't matter, all that matters is having fun and a mutual concept of gravity (usually, the edge nearest the bottom of the page).


And alfimp, do be careful with "wrong". Yes, I'd play with an actual board -- in fact, I'd love to build one -- but if I remember anything from my engineering and calculus classes, playing board games during lectures is very frowned upon. And outside of Jenga and that bottle caps game, Connect-4's about the noisiest (and for that matter, distractingly brightly coloured) game two could play.