A letter sent to President Elect Barack Obama, regarding the recent changes in banking legislation.

Since I was twelve years old, I've had a full-time job. I've had to work hard for everything, and nothing was handed to me.

Recently, I've moved onto another profession. For the past year and a half, I have been playing the game of poker, America's favorite card game, as my primary source of income.

A friend of mine named James McManus showed me an article he wrote for the New Yorker, where it profiled you (assuming this letter ever crosses the desk of Mr. Obama) as a poker player of some talent.

Now, for personal reasons, I obviously do not want to see the UIGEA exist in any iteration. For overall economic reasons, the newest regulations booked by the lame-duck administration to prevent the banking industry from doing business with companies that do business with an industry that, for some, is immoral... that is not the role of government. To call this administration "Republican" is a sham on the already shameful Grand Ole Party.

I am writing you to ask, on behalf of myself and the millions and millions of those who feel the same way, to please stop these absurd and dangerous laws from harming the economy and the banking system more than they already have.

Regulation exists for a reason. That reason isn't to impose your moral beliefs on others.

Best of luck.