Rhapsody in Screwed :: Part I

finally out of school for a few days, i plan to go to a drunken medievalist festival in the woods with a few of my brothers and a whole bunch of our friends. one brother bails to go to pennsylvania. *shrug* these things, they happen... i can cope. i've got to meet the other brother at the airport on friday, or so i thought until this afternoon. somehow, the brother in NC, who already had tickets and time off can't make it. just doesn't have the time for family and girls simultaneously, i suppose. which leaves me, the oldest brother, and the largest brother. oh well, three can wreak as much havoc as five, especially considering the other two are the 'responsible' ones. mmm, another year, another four days in the woods with the drunken scotsmen.

and that's the coherent part of the week. the rest seems like an experiment in Gonzo journalism...

Saturday
12:00 :: frater shinma leaves for pennsylvania amidst very tired, muttered protests from myself. i just want to roll over and die. i have a sinus infection the likes of which god has never seen, and i can't bear the thought of spending the next three weeks without playing video games with my little brother. or waking up in the middle of the night because he's talking in his sleep about the evil peruvian banana merchants again...
13:00 :: i finally manage to get out of bed, despite the crippling dizziness.it's not just a sinus infection, it's an ear infection too...overcoming the vertigo and nausea, i stumble down to the kitchen like a hallucinating grizzly bear, and attempt to wash dishes. bad scene. i eat some cornflakes out of the box because there are no clean dishes, and try to read a book. i am surprisingly successful.
15:00 :: after a gruesome procedure, which i will not describe here, because it is so gruesome, i manage to clean the house a little bit. the fumes from the toilet cleaner make me very ... silly... i have a synaesthetic seizure on the bathroom floor, and dfor a while everything is a bubbly pink and purple with plinky noises like hawaiian guitar. unfortunately, this is impossible to enjoy, since everything i touch feels like sandpaper...including my clothes and the floor.
20:00 :: after laying down a bit, i start chatting with my admin out in san jose, and she tells me she's dj'ing an outdoor rave that night. i wish her lots of luck & kisses & things. and then i start building a very fast 486. why? because i have the parts and they're in my way.

Sunday
03:00 :: i finally give up on the goddamn 486. i think either one slot on the board is jumpy, or the video card is going bad. i'm betting on the slot, because it couldn't find the hard drive with the controller on that slot. i resign myself to going to sleep.
08:00 :: "did i wake you?" "mutter mutter..." "we don't know where your mom is." "you lost mom? what?" "do you have your uncle paul's number? we think she might be there..." "of course she's at paul's. she said she'd be at paul's. you scared the hell out of me!" "well, we still can't reach her." "i don't have the number either. i never call anyone. you know that." (the conversation proceeds for another 45 minutes with my aunt apologising for waking me up every three sentences, but still not letting me off the phone)
13:00 :: i get out of bed and repeat yesterday's gruesome procedure. i'm a little less dizzy, so i wash dishes. mmm...clean dishes, no food. i ignore this fact for several hours and ...damn. i can't remember. i think i laid on the couch and hallucinated.
18:00 :: i go grocery shopping, on foot, and buy more than i can carry. i don't figure it out until two blocks later. i wind up asking this random girl who is sitting in her driveway if she can drive me to my house, which is about 1.5 miles away. sure enough, her friend will do it. i don't know who you are, man, but if you're reading this, thanks again!
20:00 :: make split pea soup. chop and freeze veggies. tidy up the kitchen.
23:00 :: eat, for the first time since yesterday's cornflakes. wallow in the joy of having food. ignore the fact that i should have been cleaning. get delerious again.

i have to go to work in the morning, but i feel like a giant slug on lsd. maybe i'd feel better if i really was on acid.