21:41 :: 05.08.01

i'm on some really nasty antibiotics. i can't sleep when i'm tired, and when i want to be awake i can't get up. my lower back is swollen right around the kidneys, and i'm sure i'm pissing pure adrenaline. after struggling to become awake for many hours, i got up at 05:00 this morning and finished some work, which i then mailed to the office. i promptly passed out again, soon afterward, against my will and my better judgement. some time around 15:00, i went to see my endocrinologist, who is apparently having approximately as shitty a day as i am. which either speaks well for her, or badly for me, as Michelle is almost always having a worse day. i managed to get seen sometime around 17:15 (on a 15:30 appt.), and then i sat around and goofed with the doc and her consultant friend for about an hour. the upside of this is that i have a new glucometer, instead of the nine year old model with the nicked lens and the duct tape that i've been hauling around since they first let me out of the hospital all those years ago. and let me tell you this new one is *cool*. it's a OneTouch Ultra, and it gives results in five seconds. i wipe the blood off my hands, and it's done. a truly amazing machine. but now back to the hack-job i call reality. . .