It seems as if England has suddenly started amassing a wealth of future super-star footballers. James Milner is the latest prospect for future England honours, this young midfielder can play across the midfield and occasionally up front, he seems to be able to kick the ball with both feet equally well and has the ability to unlock defences with pin-point passes. He also has the skill to take on defenders and dribble past them.

He currently plies his trade at Leeds United and is following the suit of young Everton striker Wayne Rooney. Rooney set the record for youngest player to score in the Premiership at just shy of 17 years. It looked like a record which was going to last years. Only two months later though and Milner scored the first goal in a 2-0 victory for Leeds. His birthday: 05/01/1986 meant he took the crown from Rooney as the youngest scorer in the Premiership. The media in England is excited at the prospect of these two potential England players with columnists across the country writing about how we may have unearthed the next Paul Gascoigne. Unfortunately, after the end of the 2004 season Leeds United were relegated. It looks as if he could be moving to a new club; because Leeds are in a serious financial crisis now and there are los of clubs who would be eager to sign such a prodigious talent.

Milner is a skilful midfielder who weighs in with important goals and has a great first touch. He fits in well to the Leeds side and it is obvious that on the pitch he is popular with the other players and like Rooney he is full of confidence and determination. Whatismore he could be the answer eventually to the English national side's continual problems of finding a player who can play on the left hand side of midfield.

What the English public will now have to wait for is whether Milner can live up to his potential. In the meantime the future looks bright for English football, with Milner, Rooney, Carlton Cole at Chelsea (on loan at Charlton at present) and Luke and Stefan Moore at Aston Villa. All great prospects.