Don't worry about me. I'm in the know more often than not. No, for me, ignorance is embodied by my little sisters than their crowd of brainless teeny bopper brat friends. Middle schoolers, high schoolers, heck, almost the entire nation's youth, are ignorant and proud of it.

Seriously, what other age group has ignorance so far saturated into it that the people can actually be proud of their negligible state of existence? Ignoring little kids (for they are kids), these middle schoolers and high schoolers demand rights and respect, and yet that act like a bunch of fools, denying responsibility. Rights come with responsibilities, and these teenage dimwits, ignoring the fact that they're already probably more privileged than 90% of the world's youth, complain about their parents, comparing them to the Gestapo, and all the while ask for pocket money from their "Nazi parents" and a later curfew.

All this while they are sunk into some inane notion that their life is "real life", and they are "adults". The more spoilt the brats are the more they think that they deserve the rights of adults and the carefreeness of a child. It cannot happen. While my little sisters and their pseudo-friends gossip all day long about boy bands, makeup, plastic surgery and sex, the guys at their pathetic school (which I had to endure for two years) brag about their imagined sexual and drug exploits. Do sensible adults do this? I think not.

Thus convinced that their meaningless existence is what the real world is like (it is all MTV, MTV is evil), they demand all sorts of impossible demands on my parents. More money. 3am curfew. Why can't I do drugs, I am a responsible adult?!? What kind of evil hellspawn has MTV created this time?

I'm sure parents here like dannye know what I'm talking about here. My parents are both too exhausted dealing with half of my sisters' stupidity, when they give up they foist them both off to me, and really, the idiocy of these teeny bopper fools is pretty amazing sometimes.

Real life? Real life is about being popular and making lots of friends!

College is for stupid people who think too much.

This is, IMHO, stupidity and ignorance in its worst form. Mixed with peer pressure and childish delusion. If this keeps going on, I'm leaving them my sisters out to rot in the real world, a place much less sugar-laced than high school.


nocodeforparanoia: Note that this is an issue I am particularly angry about, considering that I had to go to a freakin' bar at 2am last week to drag their asses home. My parents were asleep and told me to make sure they get home. I'm usually not that angry, but that incident made me so pissed off I proceeded to beat the crap out of one of their guy friends with a beer pitcher when he called me a "party pooper". All of my sisters' friends think I'm a total psycho.