AKA Dr. Death, Jack Kevorkian is a doctor brave enough to stand up for what's right and administer euthanasia to terminally ill patients suffering immense amounts of pain and mercifully end their lives without further pain.

Whereas I am against abortion, I don't believe in the "sanctity of life" argument. Whereas in abortion the life being ended, not neccesarily mercifully as seen in abortion methods, has not even begun, in euthanasia the life in question is at an end, without hope. Better end it now instead of letting it die out in pain.

Euthanasia should be a perfectly legal procedure, given there are safeguards against abuse. In Northern Australia, it required two seperate authorizations from specialists in the field of study the patient was suffering from. It has to be checked and rechecked. The procedure must be witnessed by the specialists and family to make it legal, and afterwards they must sign a document. I think that is safe enough.

However, given the current ignorance of the law, Jack Kevorkian has been arrested time and again for openly practicing his beliefs. I wonder if the legislature would think differently if they were writhing in incredible pain from some incurable disease.