Interestingly, most teacher's pets I knew in my six boring years of middle school and high school education were not the stereotyped geeks and nerds that are maligned so much, but vapid cheerleader types. I always hear stuff about how nerdy someone is to be a teacher's pet, but it usually turns out the person just gets called on a lot because he/she always has the right answers to questions. They also choose to sit in the front row to avoid the moronic jocks that crowd the back.

I was accused several times of being a teacher's pet, because I sit in the middle or front rows, and I get called on a lot. But the accusors are jocks/cheerleader types, so I know better than to put any importance in their senseless blabberings. In reality, I argue more than anybody in the class. For example, my social science teacher was an ultra-liberal, and I openly called him an "immature dreamer". Not too nice, but again, he's not nice to me. I am, after all, a "heartless conservative", according to him. I can relate to burnboy's situation in cheerleaders. They got A's for sucking up, I had to work for it.

Fortunately, I excelled academically back then, so even if the teacher hated me so much he wanted to fail me, they can't, because there were tests to prove my grade. I couldn't really care less if the idiotic cheerleader also got an A. I'm the one who got into Cornell University, while they didn't even go to college. I fondly recall the occasions when they vainly tried to defend the teacher as I debated with him and I continued to verbally whip them back into their little dream world. Oh, those were the days.........