Back to the Dim Sum metanode

Dim sum dish. Sticky rice with assorted additions, cooked in a lotus leaf. Very fragrant, tastes good. Goes well with red tea.

Ingredients

  • 320 g. glutinous rice
  • 1 tablespoon lard
  • 120 g. roast lean pork
  • 5 black mushrooms
  • 5 pieces chicken
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 5 lotus leave
  • 120 g. lean pork
  • 60 g. carrot
Seasonings
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • a dash of pepper powder
  • 1 teaspoon each of oyster sauce,wine, sugar and light soy sauce
Cooking
  1. Soak the glutinous rice for a few hours, drain in a bamboo strainer and pour a large amount of boiling waterover it twice.
  2. Spread a square piece of thin cloth in the steamer, dump the glutinous rice in, daub it well, steam it for 1/2 hour. place it in a plate and add salt and lard to mix well.
  3. Cut lean pork into coarse pellets ,mix them well with part of seasonings and scald them in hot oil for a while for use.
  4. Mix the chicken pieces with part of seasonings and 1/2 teaspoon of ginger juice and scald them in hot oil.
  5. Cut roast lean pork into coarse pellets; soak black mushrooms thoroughly, steam them until cooked and cut them into pellets; then cut carrot into pellets.
  6. Heating the pot and pouring a dash of oil in, sprinkle wine in, pour 1/2 cup of fine stock in, mix the remaining seasonings with 1/2 teaspoon of potato starch and a teaspoon of water, add the mixture in to make a serving paste, put the stuffing in to mix well. place the mixture in a container and cool it.
  7. Soak lotus leaves thoroughly in boiling water, wash them clean, wipe them dry, spread them on the table, spread one thin layer of cooked glutinous rice on them, put most of the stuffing ontop, place the chicken pieces and black mushrooms in the centre and cover them with the remaining glutinous rice. Fold the lotus leaves inwards to wrap well and steam them in the steamer over high heat for 15 minutes. Serve hot.