There has been some talk about the use of nutmeg as a drug. It certainly can be used to induce an altered state of mind. But beware, the nutmeg high does not come without side effects. Let me tell you about it.

First of all, eating ground nutmeg is horrible. It feels like eating sand. You will consume lots of water or other drinks while you are stuffing your face with that nutmeggy goodness. After a couple hours, you will feel weird. Your whole body will be heavy and depending on some things, it might feel good or really bad. Your mouth may start to dry up. I'm not talking about drying up like when you haven't drunk any water for a long time. You can gulp down 2 gallons and your mouth will still feel like Sahara. The mouth dryness can persist for 2 days or even longer.

But it's not the high itself that's the worst. It's the day after. You will feel really tired, some people have experienced pain in the kidney area. The state is very similar to an alcohol hangover, but worse. You are lucky if you are even able to get out of the bed.

Let this just be something to consider before you try using nutmeg to get high. Your experience may not be as bad as the one described here, but please, be prepared.