"Even I don't wake up looking like Cindy Crawford."
-Cindy Crawford

Cindy Crawford was born on February 20, 1966 and raised in DeKalb, Illinois to John and Jennifer Crawford. Cindy was the second child and second girl out of three girls and four children. Cindy was discovered by chance when a local newspaper photographer took a picture of Cindy at her summer job, detasselling corn, at the age of 16. Cindy was a finalist in Elite Model Management's Look of the Year competition in 1983. She would work for Elite for the majority of her professional modeling career.

Just when you thought she was only good in a picture, Cindy took some time off from modeling to study chemical engineering at Northwestern University. Cindy did not end up finishing her colligiate career, even though she was a former high school valedictorian. She left college after her first year.

Cindy then worked for photographer Victor Skrebneski in Chicago for a short time. Here she would slowly gain in popularity. Cindy would then pack her bags and head east, to New York City in 1986 and be a full time model there. In 1988, Cindy became the first bonefide supermodel to get dirty as she appeared in a spread for über-pimp Hugh Hefner and his Playboy magazine. This, combined with her modeling and cover-shots would make her one of the first supermodels.

The Playboy shoot helped Cindy find a new home, on MTV's House Of Style, which she hosted for 6 years. Cindy would always be the star of the show, which would show the fashion of the stars, and an inside glimpse into the fashion world, modeling and TV shows like Melrose Place.

She created her own company, called Crawdaddy Inc. She's worked with Pepsi, Revlon, Kay Jewelers, MTV and god knows who else. She's released calenders, books, videos and graced the cover of 400+ magazines, including Vanity Fair, Elle, Comsopolitan and everything else. She produced her own work out tape called Cindy Crawford/Shape Your Body. She developed the training regimen on the tape with trainer Radu. In 1995, Cindy released Cindy Crawford's Basic Face: A Makeup Workbook.

In 1991, rumors were flying claiming that Cindy was bisexual, as a photographer had taken a picture of her kissing fellow model Christy Turlington behind a nightclub. Cindy also appeared on the Cover of Vanity fair with k.d. lang. However, on May 6, 1994 her and then husband Richard Gere took out a full page ad in the London Times claiming "We are heterosexual and monogamous and take our commitment to each other very seriously." The two divorced shortly after.

In 1992 she hosted Fox's Concert for Life, a concert dedicated to Freddie Mercury, the lead singer of Queen who died of AIDS. She also hosted Stuntwomen World Tour '92, which provided a look at Hollywood's stuntwomen.

Cindy also donates time, energy and money to the Leukemia Society of America, because her brother, Jeff Crawford, died at the age of 4 from the disease. Cindy was 8 years old. She has also shown her support for Breast Cancer research.

She married Richard Gere in December of 1991. They were married three years. Also allegedly was involved with Robert De Niro and Val Kilmer after Gere. Unfortunatly for all us single guys out there, Cindy Crawford is currently married to Entrepeneur Rande Gerber, second luckiest man to Kid Rock, who is currently involved with Pamela Anderson. Cindy and Rande have a son named Presly Walker, who was born on July 2, 1999.

For a long time, Cindy was THE premier model. She, at one point or another, captured the hearts and lust of every adolescent male. She was the epitome of beauty. She will always be known for the mole that is above the left side of her upper lip. Although I think everyone refers to it as a beauty mark, whatever that means. This woman IS Baberham Lincoln. Oh, and she looks real good in a swimsuit. Did I mention that she's photogenic?

IMDBography:

Bodyguards - Guardie del corpo (2000) .... Se stessa
We Married Margo (2000) .... Herself
The Simian Line (2000) .... Sandra
Ladies & Gentlemen: The Best of George Michael (1999) (V) .... Model (Freedom video)
Intimate Portrait: Cindy Crawford (1998) (TV) .... Herself
Sex with Cindy Crawford (1998) (TV) .... Host
54 (1998) .... VIP Patron
Elmopalooza! (1998) (TV) .... Herself
Beautopia (1998) .... Herself
Catwalk (1995/I) .... Herself
Fair Game (1995) .... Kate McQueen
Unzipped (1995) (uncredited)
MTV Video Music Awards 1992 (1992) (TV) .... Presenter
"House of Style" (1989) TV Series .... Host (1989-1995)
The Secret of My Succe$s (1987) (uncredited) .... Cameo
Sources:
www.cindy.com/about/biography/index.html
www.askmen.com/women/models/9c_cindy_crawford.html
www.klotsnet.com/cindycrawford/biography.htm
alchemyweb.net/cindyland/bio.htm
www.imdb.com