1. What is your name?

It's not Anne, I'll tell you that.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I've told e2 a lot about who I am was. I'm always looking for outlets for the ideas in my head, even though none of them have gone anywhere particularly noteworthy. I've been cultivating my own little family of geeks, working my tail off to support them, and trying like hell to earn a terminal degree. e2 disappeared for me just before the birth of my first child; that's not a coincidence.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I was a big IRCer. I wanted to make a channel where we could discuss not just music or movies or whatever, but, well, EVERYTHING. So I made a #everything, and one day a dude wandered in looking for the (in)famous #e from slashnet. He told me all about the site, and I fell in love instantly. I lurked for a day before making an account; my first writeup got C!ed and I never looked back.

Even as an admin, though, I've never felt like an experienced noder. I've always felt like a newbie here. I think that's why I kept coming back: I was looking for validation that I belonged.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Can I say how phenomenal the women have always been? Sarahpoo and jp, mitz and grundy and chii, Mary Elizabeth and grace and deb and prole and kd and squidley? And more, but you know. Most of the time I feel like a little girl who's pretending, but when I read what they write, that feeling goes away for a minute. When I want to feel like a Real Grown-Up Woman (tm), I channel them. The things they've written float through my mind like songs I can't forget. Works every time.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

It's all knotted together in gatherings. You can't have that much WOW in one place without it ouching a little. All the laughter made it worth it, though.

6. What keeps you coming back?

At this point? jaybonci. I'm curious. But mostly, I log in once a week or so, check my messages, and connect with the few folks who don't have me on facebook or twitter or g+.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

I hope that it remains as important for others as it was for me. I want it to be relevant, even to a small, dedicated group of users. I think those of us that feel pessimistic toward e2 are worried. It's sort of like the dog that you loved for so many years, your best friend, and you're on the edge of "Am I keeping him alive for me, or for him? Is this selfishness or selflessness?" No one wishes ill of what is, but no one wants to see a propped-up, empty version of what was, either. So I hope we can bring it back to shiny or let it go gracefully into that great beyond.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

It was a huge part of my growing up, and it gave me some of my very best friends.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Yes.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Someone fat, because Hollywood's obnoxious. Probably an extra.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Crystal Pepsi

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Why did I fill out this interview? Because months ago you told me that I should, because I mattered here, even though I (still) disagree. And then walter had to go and do one and link it, which reminded me that I owed you this.

Why didn't I mention the boys that I love? Because they already know that I love them, but it's harder to say so to chicks. They're like intimidating and stuff.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact LaggedyAnne or Jet-Poop.