1. What is your name?

Em Hunt.  Here, you have found me as hunt05, rummage, and Scout Finch

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I am still very young, but I have spent years working with robots and lasers. Recently I quit all of that to be a fry cook and return to school.  Now I'm learning about how to make robots and lasers go inside the human body

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I really don't know how I found this place. I'm certain that I lurked for many months before creating a user name.  I was fifteen.  I found a lot of words here that helped me through a lot of different things. 

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

I have a lot of favorites. I'm more the sort of person to latch on to one author and read everything I can get my hands on. So, jessicapierce, Halspal, etouffee, jane, icicle, graceness, dem bones... I just recommend to those of you who haven't to read anything by them, and for those of you that have, to go read it all again. 

As for my own work, my favorites are probably the least favorite of those voting and c!ing things. 

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

The first Thanksgiving after I turned 18, I drove myself to Lafayette, Indiana and spent my first holiday away from home in the company of noders.  I drank my first amber bock, I sang songs, and I remember sneaking on to a computer to /msg those who were far away about how much I wished they could be there too. I remember driving back home that weekend with my windows down and my stereo up so loud. I didn't care if I froze. I was so happy, so thankful. 

As for least favorite... I feel like I have missed out on much of what has happened here in the last few years, but there is no doubt when returning that something has ominously changed

6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)?

Nodeshells.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

So many things, so simply. 

8. What does E2 mean to you?

I was going to write "community," but I think I would rather say family. 

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Let's be honest, jessicapierce changed my life.  

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Zac Effron, but only if he gets the hair right. 

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Paul Simon. He doesn't get credited often enough for his accomplishments, and often gets overlooked in favor of others when considering top musicians. But, if you look back on his contributions, delicate melodies, poetic lyrics, richness of heart -- there is too much to catalog, so much he has given, and changed for others along the way. 

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Who's going to play the Opry, or the Wabash Cannonball?

 

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact Scout Finch or Jet-Poop.