1. What is your name?

etouffee also known as t.wagner. That is not a real name either, by the way and no, you won't find either at facebook.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

Started at e2 long ago- and have written here and elsewhere weekly since that time. I have a real job that has nothing at all to do with fiction, poetry or any sort of written work.

I have intentionally kept most of my public life separate from this website. I care about many of you and hope no one sees me as rude. The connections between people here are important to me. They are important to others as well. I think they are links that exceed hyperlinks.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder? -

I found it randomly --I think from a link from Wired magazine. The html almost sent me away -but the fierce audience- both for and against what I was writing kept me here.

4. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

I have no favorites= and naming less than a hundred would diminish dozens. I miss stand/alone/bitch and junkpile and Gritchka .

5. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

cancer 
the invisible pull of a highway 
You, born of the water, could you ever live far from the sea?
Some of our best friends are three minutes long 
Satellites fallen from grace 
How can I need kisses I have never felt?
Or do we like time's children come also at last to the silent shadowlands?

others:

darn near anything by 
iceowl graceness Lometa johnnygoodyear tandex jessicapierce LaggedyAnne Chras4 dannye Scout Finch the debutante angel
ok, and I said I wasn't going to name people.

6. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E's history?

I have no "least favorite" memories at all ( word galaxy doesn't count, right? )

favorites?? All of the nodes on/ around 9/11 for tons of reasons. If you don't know the whole story- ask someone. Also- the support around and for those who needed it- when they needed it.

7. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)?

Habit and an endless desire to keeping reading new and different words.

8. What do you hope for E2's future?

I hope it keeps changing and defying the odds. It has been "looking for a mission" for more years than I can count. It matters not

9. What does E2 mean to you?

It is where I go to write and have my thoughts read by others. It is a bar, a library and a subway car.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Ed Norton. Just cos.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

An old bookstore with kickass wireless ...

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?.

1. Are you going to do this again in 9 years? (yes- if Jet-Poop is still kind enough to do the work. )

2. What ever happened to Nefarious Porpoises?

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact etouffee or Jet-Poop.