1. What is your name?

Wendy.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I'm short. I'm Dutch. I'm an engineer. I wear glasses. I'm addicted to reading. I like alternative music. I have a tattoo. When I grow up, I want to be a crazy old biddy.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

In that period I used to do the kind of websurfing where you jump from site to site – there were many personal websites where people had a page of links to other sites and I just used to read whatever seemed interesting. I'm quite sure that's how I found E2, as well, but I can't remember how I got there exactly. I do remember reading Segnbora-t's site, that might have been the link. Or maybe not.

I became a noder because I've always loved writing. Actually, at the time I had a job as an editor for a magazine. I was bored quite often during that job. I spent quite a lot of my boss's time writing for E2 instead of the magazine. Getting immediate feedback in the form of xp and C!'s was much more fun.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

My own? I'm rather proud of hedgehog and How a Steinway grand piano is made.

Pasta alla carbonara by lovejoyman comes to mind, it still makes me giggle. But I've read so much great stuff here and for the life of me I can't think of any other specific wu's now.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

My absolute favorite memory is going to the Noderissima 2006. It was awesome going to Mexico and meeting internet friends and acquaintances there. If not for E2 I'm not sure I would have ever visited Mexico and I loved it. I also fondly remember nodermeets (official and impromptu) in the UK, Germany and Denmark, where I also met lots of awesome people and even went to Slimelight.

Least favorite is following along with grundoon's illness.

Not so much a favorite, but it still sticks in my mind, was when I found out about what was happening during 9/11 from the catbox.

6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)?

There is still lots of interesting stuff to read here! Also the people, although I tend to follow most of them through other means now. And I still have these plans in my head for writeups I mean to write, but whether I ever will take the time to do it is anyone's guess.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

I hope it will continue to attract new people and hold on to enough of the old ones, so it can stay alive and be relevant and a source of inspiration to many.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

It's like my old students' society: many fond memories, and when I visit some of the old folk are still there, but it doesn't feel like home as much anymore.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

I've read so many great writeups over the years and I'm very bad at remembering who wrote them! I really enjoy sneff's recipes. There! I remembered one, at least.

I always take a look at any new writeups by Oolong and borgo. I like Hazelnut's sense of humour, though not necessarily his opinions... Also Bitriot and iceowl.

I miss wertperch and wonder how he's doing.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Beth Ditto. If only I could be that awesome.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

The internet. Although with fewer pictures.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Nah.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact sloebertje or Jet-Poop.