1. What is your name?

Alix Paultre, aka smartalix

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I’ve just changed jobs, I’m now Editorial Director for Power Systems Design Magazine.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I came across it in 2002, I believe I was following a link from a political discussion forum. I liked it as a playground for writers and decided to participate.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

My favorite personal node as an Everythingian is my "Zombie" writeup. I like to look at things from a how-to often as a geek. My geekiest writeup would have to be "Useless weapons in science fiction movies." My favorite post by another noder is Jet-Poop’s "The Incredible Hulk."

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

The whole "Butterfinger McFlurry" thing, I didn’t get it. I didn’t like some of the sniping that went on about half a decade ago, I think some editor or gods thing, I must admit I forget, which means there wasn’t much to be upset about.

My favorite was when I first got to put my picture on my personal page.

6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)?

The writing. I come by if only to read and vote on a few. I recently posted a new writeup when this invite stirred me to action. I used to be a content editor here when I had the time, now I drop by a few minutes a couple of times a week.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

That it remain and grow as a playground for writers a place to both leave and find great pieces of interesting content.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

It represents one of the positive facets of the web – the ability for a large group of like-minded people to create an interactive community.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Too many to mention any without upsetting the rest that I forgot them.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Denzel Washington (in my dreams).

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Wendy’s Hamburgers

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

I’ve always thought the member hierarchy, voting, and the point system was one of the things that made E2. I’d be curious to find out what others thought of that aspect of the site.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact smartalix or Jet-Poop.