A character in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, Molly is the matriarch of the Weasley clan. Married to Arthur, an employee in the Ministry of Magic, she has six sons: Bill (a curse-breaker at Gringotts bank), Charlie, a dragon-wrangler, Percy (initially a prefect at Hogwarts, then later head-boy, and finally a factotum at the Ministry), twins, George & Fred (schoolboys to begin with, then later proprietors of the joke-shop Weasley's Wizard Wheezes) and Ron, Harry's best friend. She also has a daughter, Ginevra (Ginny).

Within the series, Molly epitomises maternal care: she knits sweaters, cooks, cleans and worries - particularly the worrying part. There is a scene in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix where she encounters a boggart, a magical creature which takes the shape of your greatest fear. As she tries to fight it, it takes on the shapes of the dead bodies of each of her children - and Harry.

Of all the characters in the series, she is perhaps the character most under-appreciated by Harry. While he offers respect to Mr. Weasley, and hero-worship of varying degrees to Albus Dumbledore, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black, Harry treats Molly, who has provided him with the same motherly love that she gives her own family, with, at best, a certain grudging affection, and, more often, with exasperated tolerance and casual disregard.

It is Molly, however, who destroys Bellatrix Lestrange, the most dangerous of the dark Wizards (second to Voldemort, of course), when Bellatrix threatens Ginny.