I'm going to have to disagree with you on this point, Kesper.
Now, I realize that this was partially just a funny ha ha node to talk about C-TEC, but the kind of talk you exhibit above is a common misconception held by many people, and for the record I'd like to talk about it.

Back in the last century, and the beginning of this one, most folks did see it similar to that. The concept people talked about was "The Great Chain of Being" (which also happens to be a book by Lovejoy on the very topic). The idea was that, as creatures evolved, they became "better" in some way. Reptile to Bird to Mammal to Us, right? No.

Evolution does not imply "better". That's a qualitative assessment. Evolution implies "different". When we say that something has evolved, we're saying a variation of a species has become fundamentally different, enough so that the variation population and the parent species population no longer exchange genes. (An imperfect definition of species, I know. Anyone wants to pick up that debate on here with me, I'd be more than willing. Just not in this node, kay?)

So, we will never become "gods" as you put it. Plus, I'm an atheist, I don't believe in a higher power. And, we pretty much already run this planet already....so yeah.