"I did not come to judge the world, but to save it" - John 12:47

WARNING: Choking hazard. Small Parts. Not suitable for children under the age of 3 years old

While being raised Catholic and being a huge fan of the artwork and ideals of Andre Serrano (See Piss Christ), I find this to be one of the most laughable concepts ever conceived. That being said, one of my best friends gave this to me for Christmas. It’s been on my wall ever since. Call me a hypocrite if you must. I thought it was just too funny to pawn off on some random little kid. It makes a great conversation piece, having already started several “heated discussions” in my residence hall already.

The Specs

The Jesus Action Figure is produced by Accoutrements out of Seattle, Washington that "feature edgy and original products as well as classic novelties that offer an escape from the ordinary." It stands approximately 5 inches in height. The figurine, which wears a white robe with a maroon sash, portrays Jesus, a important religious figure in such religions as Judaism and Christianity, as a white male with shoulder length hair, mustache, and beard. The figurine also comes complete with poseable arms and gliding action.

The figurine is packed much like any other action figure. It is encased in two pieces of somewhat form-fitting plastic. This plastic casing is then attached to a preprinted-upon sheet of uncorregated cardboard.

However, the preprinted-upon sheet of uncorregated cardboard is just as interesting as the figurine itself. The front (supposedly) depicts the city of Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus. The name of the figurine is printed in large, black and bold letters above the figurine. The back is designed to replicate the side of a Bethlehem building. The back also gives a surprisingly-neutral account of Jesus. This account includes: meanings for the name "Jesus" and "Christ", a brief summary of Jesus's life, and eleven (11) quotes from the Bible.

Special thanks to No Springs for the gift of the Jesus Action Figure.