I'm surpised no one noded this already. Anyway, without further ado, I present to you all:

The Circle Game

Why you should play it
The Circle Game is a game that has recently come into fashion throughout the western hemisphere, probably due to its sheer simplicity and the fact that it allows you to hit people without the threat of retaliation.

How to play & rules
The rules are simple. Ask someone if they want to play the Circle Game. If they do, then they are. Now what you both have to do is try and trick the other person into looking at a circle you make with your hand below the waist (the technical term for this is "shooting the circle". This can be a bit difficult to get your head round, so I'll explain it again with a bit more detail. Make a circle with the index finger and thumb at or below the waist of you and your target. Then trick your target into looking down at the circle. Once they look at the circle, you are allowed to hit them once on the arm, as hard as you like.

A circle is valid if you make it above your waist and then move it down below the waist. A circle is valid if you hold it behind your back, or down next to the floor. However, you are not allowed to use violence to force another player to look at your circle, unless you are hitting them on the arm in response to their looking at a previous circle. Trash talking is allowed. It is also possible for players to escape an armhit via a technicality, for example, if the circle was above your or their waist, or if the circle was not made with the correct two fingers.

Variants
Due to the widespread popularity of the Circle Game, a few slightly differing versions have come into being.

  • Hitting people anywhere you like, or somewhere other than the arm
  • Having to accompany each circle with some kind of spoken signal
  • Permission to make other players look at your circle by any means possible
  • Making a circle with a different pair of fingers, or any pair of fingers you like
  • Making a circle with either hand, both hands, or any number of fingers
  • If the target quickly puts their finger in the circle before you hit them, they get to hit you