Illness sucks

6:30
Allright, I woke up this morning, head pounding, and normal school-induced lethargy. I moved. Nausea quickly followed. I got dressed, thinking that it'll soon pass. Oh my god the pounding. I walked down the hall, holding back the vomit, to tell my mother that I would not be attending school today. I shucked off my shoes and climbed into bed. Pants, socks, sweater, sweatshirt and all. Sleep.

12:36
I woke up, feeling a little refreshed and a bit better. I walked into my parents' room looking for my mother, only to find Judge Hatchett on the idiot box. Feeling my friend, Mr. Nausea again, I laid in bed watching this inane shit.

For those of you who aren't aware, Judge Hatchett is a tv show similar to the likes of Judge Judy and her precursor, The People's Court...only excessively more trashy. The hook of this show seems to be based on the fact that in every show, there is some kind of DNA test to prove something or another. In this case, in particular, there was a paternity test to decide the custody of a child. From the looks of this child, I don't think it much mattered who got control. This kid's life was in the shitter from the word go. The plaintiff was a newly married couple who has been seeing the child thinking that the husband was the father (he wasn't). The defendant was the mother of said child, trying to see the child more. The mother's mother was with her as well. Everyone looked exceptionally trashy. The father with a mullet that reached mid-back, the grandmother appearched in a pink mumu and had hair below her ass. They argued back and forth over who should be really seeing this child. Everything seemed to be going good, everyone agreed to work out a custody system...until...the grandmother stepped in. She decided she had to instigate. Well all her instigation did was start eveyrone over from square one. Though, and interesting tidbit did come out of that mess; the mother has a 300ft restraining order on the biological father because he threatened to blow them up. That's cute.

I watched some more of that, another court show called Power of Attorney, and some CourtTV. That was enough real-life legal drama for my taste; I was beginning to lose it and yell at the idiots on tv. Around this time, my mom came in and handed me a blue pill, which I took. (insert The Matrix reference here). This made my headache go away. I look over at the clock.

2:02
Jesus. The cable man was to be here in 2 hours to install my cable modem. I had to dismantle my LAN, and remove any trace of a computer network. Mission accomplished. I hid my 50ft of cat5 cable, my hub, and a 10" glow-in-the-dark dildo in the trunk of my car. Hey, the less weird looks, the better. The computer guy came in, didn't really seem to know a whole lot. I set up the settings and he left. The cable guy was an asshole. He was mad because he actually had to run cable to my room. God fuckin forbid. So, a couple hours later, after fiddling around with other TVs around the house, he comes to my room. He made me move my bed from against the wall. By myself. He didn't even offer to help. He just stood there.

6:32
Played with my new cable modem. Found out (the hard way) that I have a 15k/sec upload cap. Dreams of a gigantic FTP server crushed. Oh well. It's now time to chill, relax, and drink some nice tea.