"We were all feeling a bit shagged and fagged and fashed, it having been an evening of some small energy expenditure, O my brothers." -Alex, A Clockwork Orange

9:09. I woke up with an awful, horrid pain in my back. That's what you get for falling alseep on the futon in front of the computer, I suppose. My mom wandered in and asked me if I was still planning on going to the biblio this after. Seeing as my 20 page AP English report is due in a month, I suppose it was a good idea. All of my research is due Tuesday. Wait. All of my research is due Tuesday. Shit.

1:24. After putzing around the house for a good bit, and having quite the nutritious breakfast of Chips Ahoy!, I headed off to the library. On approach, it seemed like a nice, quiet, place of study. False. Everyone from all 5 periods of AP English, has swarmed the poor 70's styled institution, and has since defiled its sanctity. Oh that's not to say that I didn't have a good time. Instead of getting my 50 notecards worth of information which is due for a grade in 36 hours, I sat around and procrastinated a bit more, for good measure. We berated a girl for her smoking, I bitched about my gordita. All of this had nothing to do with researching the aspects of adolescence as they both appear in the books A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess and The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. That's my thesis statement. After a few people left, I finally got my chance to smoke my huge nugget of grade A literary crack.

Performing research is alot like doing drugs. You get a high from a sense of accomplishment, but the comedown's a bitch. I meandered out of the biblio 5 minutes short of closing time, and collapsed home.

6:53. My brain is mush. I only have about 25 of the 50 notecards done, and about 70% of them are invariably wrong. Whatever. I sit here and actually have to think of what all I need to do to feed myself. Hold spoon in hand. Put spoon in soup. Put soup in mouth using said spoon. Lather, rinse, repeat.

7:37. Now that I'm filled with all of the nutrients that a bowl of Cream of Broccoli contains, I guess I better go back to doing more research. I hope the high is better this time.