Stilton Cheese Pizza



Simple and tasty, makes a great appetizer.

Ingredients:

Enough of your favorite pizza dough recipe for a 12" crust
1 lb. Stilton cheese
Some garlic, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped
Thinly sliced Parma ham, chopped. (optional)

Preaheat oven to 500ºF. If you are using a pizza stone, this should go in the oven while preheating. Crumble the Stilton and mix in as much minced garlic as you like. Toss or roll your pizza dough to form a 12" round crust. Parbake crust for about 8 minutes, then remove from oven and brush with olive oil and top with Stilton and garlic mixture. Drizzle some more olive oil on top and add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Return to oven for about 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown and delicious (GBD). Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with a nice red wine.

Variation:

Use puff pastry dough instead of pizza dough. Form pastry dough into 12x16" rectangle, and top with ingredients like above. Bake at 400ºF for about 10 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and GBD.

I guess you could use another blue cheese if you're on a budget or if you want something less pungent than Stilton. If you really want to go all out, chop up some thinly sliced Parma ham and scatter that on top of the cheese.