Ahh, that most inexpensive of foods, ramen noodles. I dedicate this shrine to thee! The starving college student need not starve! You can usually buy these things in bulk somewhere on campus, and they'll keep you cramming all night long. However, consuming half of a crate of ramen can cause you to cringe at the thought of meal time. This node is dedicated to home-brewed Ramen recipes, meant to extend the lifespan of your ramen supply.



Ramen Ham & Vegetable Soup


Ingredients


  • 1 package of Ramen
  • 1/2 cup sliced carrot
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 package cheapo brand small package of sliced ham, (or any other meat is fine, except maybe pastrami.)
  • 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
  • 3 cups water
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
Cook onion in a small pan with a small amount of oil until it caramelizes (browns). Heat the water in a medium saucepan to boiling. Add the carrots and cabbage, cover and reduce heat to simmer for six minutes. Add onion, ramen noodles, ham, flavor packet, and frozen peas to pan, heat for three or four minutes, and serve.

Ramen Crunch

Ingredients

Remove noodles from wrapper, store flavor packet. Break off small piece of dried noodles, enjoy with a little hot mustard. Works better with "Cup Of Noodles" ramen, as the ramen is slightly thinner in these, and the added bonus of the flavoring added directly to the noodles themselves. However, who can afford the ten extra cents for this luxury?

Ramen Stir Fry

Ingredients

  • 1 package of Ramen
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 cup diced green pepper
  • 1egg
  • 1/2 package cheapo brand small package of sliced ham, (or any other meat is fine, except maybe pastrami.)

Cook Ramen noodles as per instructions on packet, then strain. Cook onions in medium stir-fry pan with a little oil until brown, add green pepper and egg. Scramble egg and cook. Add noodles and soy sauce, stir fry briefly for one minute. Enjoy!