This blurb, or variations of it, appeared in the booklets of many CD's until record companies were certain that consumers were comfortable dealing with compact discs.


The Compact Disc Digital Audio System offers, on a small, convenient sound-carrier, state-of-the-art sound reproduction. The Compact Disc's superior performance is the result of laser-optical scanning combined with digital playback, and is independent of the technology used in making the original recording. Recording technology is identified by a three-letter code:

DDD = digital tape recorder used during session recording, mixing and/or editing, and mastering (transcription).

ADD = analog tape recorder used during session recording; digital tape recorder used during subsequent mixing and/or editing and during mastering (transcription).

AAD = analog tape recorder used during session recording and subsequent mixing and/or editing; digital tape recorder used during mastering (transcription).

For best results, apply the same care in storing and handling Compact Discs as you would with conventional records. No cleaning will be necessary if the Compact Disc is always held by the edges and is replaced in its case immediately after playing. Should the Compact Disc become soiled with fingerprints, dust or dirt, it can be wiped (always in a straight line, from center to edge) with a clean, soft, dry, lint-free cloth. No solvent or abrasive cleaner should ever be used. If you follow these suggestions, your Compact Discs will provide a lifetime of pure listening enjoyment.