Glam house superclub event from the mid-Nineties, resident at Sheffield, UK's Leadmill nightclub on Friday nights.

Rise was second only to Cream as *the* northern house night of the mid-Nineties. Featuring residents the Luvdup twins, with regular appearances from the likes of Sasha, John Digweed and Pete Tong, Rise was the epitome of designer label house chic.

One of the most memorable things about Rise was the flyers. Every month, the club would release the newest flyer, with the details of the upcoming events on one side, and simply beautiful cartoon artwork on the other, featuring some dreamy club chick or gang of Rise clientele lovingly re-drawn in an almost manga style.

My most vivid and treasured memory of Rise was the Christmas '95 Renaissance Tour party. As we left for the club around nine, heavy snow was starting to fall on the Steel City. Arriving at The Leadmill, we discovered a queue the likes of which is never seen outside Alton Towers. We stood there for three hours in the blistering cold, getting soaked to the skin by the blizzard - but we were as one, huddled together in the snow - 300 loved-up club kids sharing about four umbrellas. We finally got into the club about midnight, by which point the dancefloor had disappeared behind the clouds of steam from peoples' drying clothes. The rest of the night was the happiest, most together night I've ever experienced clubbing, and when we finally left at 5am, the roads were two feet deep in snow. Merry Christmas.

Rise. You gave birth to Gatecrasher. You did not die in vain.