Other herbs that help with clinical depression:

St. John's Wort (should help with regular usage after 2-4 weeks)

"5-HTP" with vitamins C and B6. 5-HTP, or "Natural Griffonia Bean Extract" is a precursor to serotonin, and the vitamins are important in the conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin. Careful, though. Unlike most herbal remedies, this actually has side effects. It can cause drowsiness and/or digestive upset (if not taken with a meal). Anyone taking MAO-inhibitors or antidepressants, anyone who suffers from ulcers, IBS, Crohn's, Celiac disease, or any other gut disorder should not take 5-HTP. Even though 5-HTP can be legally purchased without a prescription, one should only take it under the supervision of a knowledgeable health professional.

Fish oil capsules or other sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Cultures where fish is a staple generally have lower incidences of mental health problems due to the high consumption of omega-3 fatty acids. This leads one to believe that regular consumption of fish, or daily supplements of fish oil, may help some individuals with mental health problems.

Some alternative health sources believe that many forms of mental health disorders could be cured by detoxification. I believe this may help in some cases, but not in many. If you feel motivated enough, you may want to give it a try. Just go easy on the fasting, though. Depression may actually get worse even with short juice fasts (consuming only water, freshly juiced fruits/vegetables, and certain herbal teas).

As with most supplements and OTC drugs, consult a health professional before taking the aforementioned herbs if you are pregnant or nursing or you are taking any prescription medications for depression, anxiety, etc. Except for the fish oil, as omega-3 fatty acids are essential for the development of a baby's brain and should be included in everyone's diet. Your health professional should have already told you to include omega-3s in your diet. Also, please remember that I am not a health professional. I'm 18, for goodness' sakes! I'm not supposed to know anything. I just read a lot.