Ah, the sound of a little bird bonking against a window or mirror, in love with it's own reflection....

BONK, indeed.

Unfortunately I have been known to go through the human equivalent of this state. It is very embarrassing and humiliating. From time to time I will become enamored with a certain type of person. This type of person will generally be bright and shiny...I think of them as mirror-people. They do have some substance underneath, of course, but for some reason, when the two of us are mixed together, their reflective qualities become dominant and I become like the stupid bird trying to mate with its own reflection in the window...

BONK.

Enthralled, I throw myself at this relationship. 'We' have long, intense, fully-involved interactions. I become infatuated, amazed that I have found another soul so much like my own! And, like the window, the other person has no idea what is going on between 'us'.

BONK BONK!

I realize this is a type of psychological projection; I guess I have been fortunate that the two people I have had this happen with had no desire to hurt or haunt me and we remained friends after my misconceptions regarding our 'relationship' were revealed by some particularly annoying emotional outburst on my part.

...Which is why I had to laugh; BONK pretty much sums the whole experience up.