I dislike defining my sexuality for a totally different reason:

It's none of your fucking business what my sexuality is.

I stick with this through thick and thin. My mother by now, I believe, thinks that I am a heterosexual. But this is only because I've had two 2-year long relationships in the past 4.5 years (this one still going on). Before that, though, I never had a girlfriend for more than a few months, so my mother knew I was at least partly straight. But my best friend in the States is gay, and a really good friend of mine in Israel was gay (I don't know if was is a good term, I mean he was 'married' to a guy for 2 years. (Of course, not officially. But it was a lovely ceremony.) And then he got married and now he is expecting a kid, so I guess you could call him bisexual now. Hey, I said I dislike defining my sexuality, not other peoples'!

Where was I? Oh yes, anyway, my mother was uncertain for a long time about my sexuality, I could tell by her "innocent" questions. And then one day, after my then-gay friend slept over, she asked me straight out (no pun intended) if I was gay. I told her it was none of her business.

When I was in the army (obligatory service), I was in a room of quite disturbed people. I read in a newspaper about the male g-spot, and it became quite a topic of conversation. And it promoted a seriously gay atmosphere in the barracks. One day when we were training, my superior NCO and I came back from the field for supplies. Naturally, after three days in the field, we jumped at the chance for a shower. When we got out and got dressed, he called me and said, "Can I ask you a personal question?"
"Sure," I said.
"Seriously, just between you and me, are you gay?"
"It's none of your business."
"Come on, just tell me. I won't tell anyone else."
"It's none of your business."

Of course many people thought I was gay. I think my platoon commander might have seriously hated me for it. Fuck him. I'm not gay. But if I was, I'd be proud. And it's none of his fucking business.