This is my Mom's recipe for tuna casserole, which I ate at least once a week when I was a kid. I hadn't had it for years until recently: While the whole family was up at our cottage for a weekend, my Mom made it for lunch. Deep-seated comfort food memories and the almost indescribable feeling of security that comes with being a kid flooded over me. And I don't even like tuna casserole all that much.

It's a simple recipe and quick to make. The ingredient measurements are a bit of a guess since Mom never works from a recipe. Try it a couple of times and make adjustments as desired.

Ingredients:

How to:

  1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
  2. Dump the broccoli into a casserole dish and microwave for 5 minutes. Or steam using any method, until they're soft, and then dump in the casserole dish.
  3. Drain the tuna and fork evenly over the broccoli.
  4. Mix the can of soup with a 1/2 can of milk.
  5. Pour the milk and soup mixture over the broccoli and tuna.
  6. Crush the potato chips and spread them in a layer over the casserole
  7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
Like I said, I don't really like tuna casserole, but I know that it's way better when fresh and hot than it is reheated the next day. And definately don't take the leftovers to work for lunch.